How do I Make a Test Registration?
As you build your event, you will want to do the following from time to time:
- See the registration page so that you can check your progress and make changes
- Make as many test registrations as you need; remember, test registrations do not cost you; when you Publish your event, all test registrations are automatically removed
When your event is in Test Mode, all tools and messaging will function 100% - nothing is disabled nor inoperative in Test Mode. Your event will behave exactly as your registrants will experience it.
There are 3 orange buttons that will open a registration page so that you can make a test registration:
- View Event as Registrant - This button will display a fresh, blank registration page, all ready for you to fill out and submit a registration - whether or not your event is in Test Mode or Published
- View Event as Admin - This button will display a fresh, blank registration page, all ready for you to fill out and submit a registration - if you defined any Admin Use Only fields on any of the setup screens, you will see those fields and items on the registration page and all dates are ignored for sessions and sales items so that 100% of all sessions are visible to only event admins allowing you to register into lapsed sessions
- View Registrant Type URLs - If you have Registrant Types set up, this button will display a fresh, blank registration page, all ready for you to fill out and submit a registration; the Registrant Type will already be selected for you (there will be no dropdown menu of types) - How do I use Registrant Type URLs?
When one of the 3 buttons is clicked, the Registration Page will open in a new window or tab. Pretend you're a registrant and register yourself.
Your registration page will open in a new tab, leaving your Admin Dashboard readily accessible in the adjacent browser tab. You can then bounce back and forth between the 2 tabs: make a change on the dashboard - switch tabs and refresh the registration page to immediately see the results of your edit.
The easiest way to work, while you're building out your event, is to leave both tabs open: do not close your Admin Dashboard nor your Registration Page.
Then your work sequence is this ...
- Click one of the 3 orange buttons on the Admin Dashboard (see the previous step)
- A new tab opens adjacent to the Admin Dashboard tab and your registration page is visible (opens a new window if an older browser is detected)
- View your work and make note of the change you want to make
- Click the Admin Dashboard tab, which brings it to the front of the screen
- Open the tool you need and make your change
- Click your event's tab, then right-click on the page background and choose Reload or Refresh in the dropdown menu (depends on the browser you're using)
Repeat steps 3 - 6 until its perfect.
If your event sells tickets, you will need to make a test purchase so that you can confirm your payment processing is set up correctly.
Do the following to make a test purchase. Note that you should NOT FORGET to make a final display of your registration page prior to Publishing in order to make sure your test sales items are not visible to the registrant.
- Add a Test Ticket sales item to one of your groups and set the price to $1. Also set the Stop Selling Date to the DAY BEFORE you Publish your event - How do I add Tickets?
- Set up a Discount Code to discount a real sales item down to $1 - How do I set up Discount Codes?
- Register for your event and purchase the $1.00 test item - confirm the purchase in your Registrant List - How do I use the Registrant List?
- Delete the Discount Code from your event before you publish