How do I set up a matrix of questions?
A matrix of questions is a group of individual questions whose responses share a set of radio buttons that represent a range of choices along a subjective scale.
The matrix of questions below has 4 questions and 5 response options.
The matrix question is: Please indicate your evaluation of Dr. Smith (1=Poor, 5=Fantastic) - The matrix question has 2 objectives:
- Gives the respondent a frame of reference for the individual questions
- Provides a scale of assessment options (options can be numbers (1-2-3-4-5 or 5-4-3-2-1) OR words: (not satisfied, satisfied, very satisfied)
Click the Add Question button on the Post-Event Survey screen. Â The Add Question screen opens...
IMPORTANT: If you require a response to the matrix question itself, all of the individual questions will also require a response. Individual questions, in the matrix, cannot be set to be not required or required. Â The matrix question itself determines required-ness.for the individual questions.
Enter your response options, one per field. Â The numbers below match the black circle numbers in the screenshot below.
- The Add button adds another field
- The Delete button removes that field
- The Move button can be clicked and dragged up or down to a new location
Now add your questions by clicking the Add Questions (Rows) button. Below is the Add Matrix Questions screen.
- Click the Return button to go back to the Matrix Manager screen.
- Click the Return button again to go back to the Question Manager screen
- Click the Return button again to go back to the Post-Event Survey Wizard screen
- Click the Preview Survey button to test your survey