How to scan Session Attendees remotely
Complete these 3 steps prior to your session's start dates. These 3 links will send you further down this page.
- Open the Session Attendance Mgr screen - Where is the Session Attendance Mgr tool?
- Select the session for which you want to scan arriving attendees
- Select Scan Remote in the dropdown menu for that session in the Action column
- Enter the greeter/door attendant's email address(es) in the field and click the Send button
Download the iPhone or Android Scan to Web app from this list: Recommended List of Scan apps
- Receive the email message from the event Admin person - contains instructions
- Copy the URL in the message
- Paste it into the URL Home page field on the Settings screen of the phone app
- Test it (see the next step in this article)
- Once working, scan each barcode as the attendee comes through the session access door - the URL will stay in your phone until changed. You only need to do this step ONE TIME.
- Locate any commercial product that has a UPC barcode on it
- Scan the barcode
- You should see an error message on the check-in screen: No registrant was found matching that ID
- If you see the error message, your scan app is working properly
- Close the app and reopen it - the URL should still be present
Arrive at the session entrance prior to its start time.
- Open your phone's Scan To Web app
- Tap any barcode icon to open the scanner screen
- Scan an attendee's barcode
- You should see a message that says <name> has been checked in for this event
- Tap the barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all attendees have been checked-in
The followiing screen shot illustrates a successful attendee check-in. Tap either barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode.