How do I insert a link to a file into a question, session, web page?
This procedure will work in any field that accepts HTML tags.
We will use an example: you want each registrant to open, read a waiver and acknowledge acceptance, or not.
- The <a> tags must be 'opened'
- The URL is obtained from the File Cabinet after the Waiver.PDF file was uploaded
- The target= attribute makes sure the Waiver.PDF file opens in a new window or tab and NOT on top of your registration page
- The <a> tag must be 'closed' or it will not work properly
- The Link Text enclosed by the <a> </a> tag
The yellow-highlighted text will be the "hot link" on which the registrant clicks to open the Waiver.PDF file.