How do I set up an Automatic Past Event Lookup based on a Username only?
Past Event Lookup refers to allowing registrants the option of looking up their registration information from a previous event that you conducted on rsvpBOOK.com. Only one past event can be used to retrieve information. It is not possible to set it up to retrieve information from 2 or more past events. Only registrant information is retrievable. No question responses, purchases, session signups nor any other previously captured information is retrievable.
Past Event Lookup can be set up to operate in 3 different ways:
- Username and password - The registrant is prompted for their username and password from the previous event that you defined - How do I set up a Past Event Lookup based on Username & Password?
- Password only - The registrant is prompted for ONLY their password from the previous event that you defined - this option is rarely used
- Username only - The registrant is prompted for ONLY their username from the previous event that you defined - this is the option illustrated in this article
This article is about option 3 above. You can turn on an automatic lookup based on a username you select. For example, if you used membership numbers in your past event, your registrants could look themselves up using their membership number.
What does the Automatic PROMPT look like on the registration page?
When you set up Past Event Lookup, you can change the text for the following elements:
- Retrieve My Information section name
- Username and Password prompt
- Look Me Up button name
What does the Automatic SUCCESS look like on the registration page?
What does the Automatic FAILURE look like on the registration page?
Which tool do I use to set up a Username & Password Past Event Lookup?
See this article: Where do I access the Past Event Lookup tool?
The Advanced Registration Wizard opens ...
Click the Past Event Lookup link in the Quick Nav panel. Doing so will jump you down the page to the Past Event Lookup section.
Add your comment