How to check-in Session Attendees
Why would you want to check in session attendees?
- So that you can know how many signed up and how many did not show
- So that you can send a post-event survey to those attending a session
- So that you can send a post-event survey to the no-show list
SESSION Check-in Options
Help Articles (the numbers below correspond to the numbered options in the illustration).
- How to manually check-in Session Attendees - Use this method for small numbers of session attendees; it is quick and simple; internet access IS NOT necessary.
- How to scan to a .CSV file of Session Attendees - This method requires a scan gun or smartphone app that scans to and exports a .CSV file; internet access IS NOT necessary.
- How to scan Session Attendees online - This method uses a scan gun or smartphone app to scan a barcode and mark attendees as Attended, internet access IS required.
- How to scan Session Attendees remotely - Use this method if you have many attendees to check-in - this is the quickest and most efficient method, internet access IS required.
How do I decide which option to use?
These are your primary decision points:
- Do you have internet access in your session rooms? If not, then you must use #1 or #2 in the chart above. If you do have internet, then #3 will also work for you.
- Number of session attendees arriving within a 5-10 minute window of the session's start time - Typically, 80-95% of your attendees will arrive during this short window. Be prepared in order to avoid long check-in lines.
- Square feet of the "entrance room" of your session - Do you have floor space for a check-in table with a laptop?
- Cost of scan guns - They start at about $20 for a simple model (requires a USB connection to a laptop). Smartphone apps range from $1 to $3.
- Speed at which you need to check-in one person - If you have many attendees arriving, then use the #3 option above because it is the quickest method. If not too many (10-30) in your sessions, then any one of the 3 options will work.
Add your comment