How do I set up the Prize Drawing tool?
If your event has prizes to hand out, use this tool to load prizes and draw names.
In order to draw names during the event, the device on which you are conducting the drawing will need internet access via Wi-Fi or 3G or 4G networks.
A virtual fishbowl! Lots of options:
- Allow/prevent multiple winners from within the same company
- Block individuals from winning more than once and do not check company names
- Allow individuals to potentially win multiple times and do not check company names
- Registrants must be marked as Attended in the Event Attendance Manager before they are eligible to enter this drawing, OR NOT
- Send an email message containing the Prize Drawing URL to the person conducting the prize drawing
The Prize Drawing Tool is located here.
You can set the following conditions: (numbers in this list refer to the numbers in the screenshot)
- Prevent multiple winners from within the same company
- Block individuals from winning more than once
- Allow individuals to potentially win multiple times
- Registrants must be marked Attended in order to be picked, or not
- Use this field to send yourself, or anyone else, the Prize Drawing Tool's URL - Use this for testing.
- Use this field to automatically send the Prize Drawing Tool's URL to the person conducting the drawing
While testing, you can freely add and delete all prizes and all winners. When ready to send to the person conducting the drawing, delete all winners and make sure your prize list is correct.
- Pick a Prize
- Pick a Name (the winner)
Pick the prize first, then the name.
Announce the winner. It is saved automatically.
Click the Continue button to make another pick.
As winners are drawn, they accumulate at the bottom of the window with the most recent on top.
You can see the list of winners from two places:
From the Prize Drawing Tool screen, click the Prize Drawing Tool Link to see all winners.
The winner list is also visible on your smartphone or tablet. However, there are no export options.
When you click the Prize Drawing Tool link on your computer, you will see the app's Winner List.
How can I export the winner list? Click and drag to select all of the winners, copy them, and then paste them into a spreadsheet or other document.