How do I add registrant information capture fields?
The About You section captures registrant information. You can completely customize this section.
- You can add fields
- You can edit field labels
- You can turn on or off visibility of fields
- You can require a response or not
- You can add hidden fields that are not seen by the registrant but can contain data that is uploaded via the Contact List and then available to the reporting tools
Where is the About You section located on the Registration page?
The About You section appears on the registration page - Open this document and look for black dot #12 - this document will open in a new window; close it to come back to this page
Does your Admin Dashboard have Menus or Buttons?
rsvpBOOK has 2 versions of the Admin Dashboard. Which one do you have?
If Menus, your Registrant Information Capture tool is located here ...
If Buttons, your Registrant Information Capture tool is located here ...
The About You Editor tool opens - Add a New Text Field
You can add two types of fields to the Registration page:
- Add a New Text Field - these fields are visible to the registrant (unless you set them invisible)
- Add a Hidden Field - these fields are always invisible to the registrant - see next steps for example
The About You Editor tool is still open - Add a Hidden Field
- Hidden fields are used to store information that you upload via a Contact List (How do I create a Contact List?).
- Hidden fields allows external data from your CRM system available for reports in rsvpBOOK. For example, upload a registrant's membership number into a hidden field (which will be available to the report wizards) so that you can include the membership number in your reports.
- The VISIBILITY of a field can be quickly toggled by clicking the circle icon
- The REQUIRED-NESS of a field can be quickly toggled by clicking the circle icon
How do I move the fields to a new locations in the list?
To move any field (default or new) to a new location, click and drag them, one at a time, up or down the screen and drop them where you want them to appear.
Verify one New Text Field on the registration page
The new Hidden Field will NOT be visible on the registration page. Its contents will be updated with the data in the Contact List .CSV file when a registrant submits their form (How do I upload a contact list?)
Any content that was uploaded into the hidden field in the Contact List (Email Wizard) upload will be available to the Report Wizards for inclusion in custom reports.
Add your comment