What can I do with the Theme Editor tool?
Use the Theme Editor tool to do the following:
Among other things, you can ...
- Change the color scheme of your event
- Change the fonts and colors
- Add background images
- Change the appearance of buttons
- Change the layout of your event registration website
This article describes the Layout options provided by the Theme Editor tool.
- Fixed Width Layout - uses the Event Banner at the top of the page, which is 1 section
- 100% Width Layout - does not use the Event Banner and breaks the page up into 3 sections: HEADER, BODY, FOOTER
You can switch back and forth between Fixed Width and 100% Width freely. All settings in one layout are applied to the settings in the other layout with one exception: the Fixed Width layout uses the event banner. The 100% width layout does not use the event banner.
One of the most significant features of the Theme Editor is that you can format your registration website in 2 different ways:
- 100% Width - your event displays at the full width of the browser's window width
- Fixed Width - your event registration pages will display as a fixed width of 740 pixels wide
This is a registration website in 100% Width Layout - One page, three sections.
The actual width is determined by the width of the browser window that is displaying the page. The HEADER, BODY and FOOTER are set to the width of the browser's window.
- The Logo always floats ABOVE the Header Background IMAGE, set at the X and Y coordinates
- A Background IMAGE can be applied to the Header, Body and Footer areas - it can be repeated vertically, horizontally or both vertically and horizontally
- A Background COLOR can be applied to the Header, Body and Footer areas
The Logo is always IN THE HEADER and applied ON TOP of the Background IMAGE which, in turn, is always applied ON TOP of the Background COLOR. Therefore, the Background IMAGE can obscure the Background COLOR. The header Background IMAGE does not need to fill the header area. It can be tiled vertically, horizontally or both vertically and horizontally.
CAVEAT: Tiling background images is not supported by all email readers. Therefore, you can expect some deprecation of your theme's appearance in some email readers. Tiled images are dropped from the display. Therefore, your workaround is to NOT use tiled images.
See this article: How do I define a Color Theme for my event?