How do I create and send an Invitation-Only invitation?
Review your entire event for accuracy:
- Double check your event details: event date and time, venue address, contact information, etc
- If you made any temporary behavior settings on the Event Preferences screen, be sure to return them to what you need (allowing duplicate email addresses is typically turned on for testing, but turned off when going live)
- Test the event URL that you created - if you have changed it, make sure the new one works
- If you set up questions with conditional logic, test every question response
- If you set up sessions and/or sales items with conditional logic, test every combination that you created
- If you set up registrant types, test each one to insure that it displays the correct combination of screens, capture fields, questions, sessions, sales items, etc
- If you set up sales items, test the registration page to make sure your checkout page is working properly
- Review your event's collateral, such as the email invitation, the email confirmation, the confirmation page (Thank You for Registering)
- Be sure to Publish your event - otherwise, your event will co-mingle test and actual registrations and various "test mode" messages will remain on your registration page
rsvpBOOK has 2 versions of the Admin Dashboard. Which one do you have?
There are 2 types of invitation templates:
- Invitation with Accept (Yes) and Decline (No) buttons embedded in the message - clicking the Accept link opens the registration website; clicking the Decline link opens the Registration Confirmation page, automatically registering the invitee with their status automatically set to Not Attending
- Invitation with one Register Here link - clicking this link opens the event's registration website
Registration forms can be set to pre-populate invitee's personal information. You upload this personal information using a .CSV file when you create your Contact List to which you will send this invitation. How do I create a Contact List?
This article provides detail on building your invitation - How Do I Create an Invitation?
This article provides detail on sending an invitation to your contact list - How Do I Send an Invitation?
Also, if you're using Registrant Types, this article provides detail - How do I send invitations to a specific Registrant Type?