How to scan Event Attendees remotely
- Open the Event Attendance Mgr screen - Where is the Event Attendance Mgr tool?
- Select Scan Remote in the dropdown menu
- Enter the greeter/door attendant's email address(es) in the field and click the Send button
Download the iPhone or Android Scan to Web app from this list: Recommended List of Scan apps
- Receive the email message from the event Admin person - contains instructions
- Copy the URL in the message
- Paste it into the URL Home page field on the Settings screen of the phone app. You only need to do this step ONE TIME.
- Test it (see the next step in this article)
- Once working, scan each barcode as the attendee arrives
- Locate any commercial product that has a UPC barcode on it
- Scan the barcode
- You should see an error message on the check-in screen: No registrant was found matching that ID
- If you see the error message, your scan app is working properly
- Close the app and reopen it - the URL should still be present
Arrive at your event's entrance prior to its start time.
- Open your phone's Scan To Web app
- Tap any barcode icon to open the scanner screen
- Scan an attendee's barcode
- You should see a message that says <name> has been checked in for this event (you may also see error messages)
- Tap the barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all attendees have been checked-in
The followiing screen shot illustrates a successful attendee check-in. Tap either barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode.