How do I set up a matrix of questions?
What is a matrix of questions?
A matrix of questions is a group of individual questions whose responses share a set of radio buttons that represent a range of choices along a subjective scale.
The matrix of questions below has 4 questions and 5 response options.
The matrix question is: Please indicate your evaluation of Dr. Smith (1=Poor, 5=Fantastic) - The matrix question has 2 objectives:
- Gives the respondent a frame of reference for the individual questions
- Provides a scale of assessment options (options can be numbers (1-2-3-4-5 or 5-4-3-2-1) OR words: (not satisfied, satisfied, very satisfied)
Add a Matrix of Questions
Click the Add Question button on the Post-Event Survey screen. Â The Add Question screen opens...
IMPORTANT: If you require a response to the matrix question itself, all of the individual questions will also require a response. Individual questions, in the matrix, cannot be set to be not required or required. Â The matrix question itself determines required-ness.for the individual questions.
The Add Responses screen opens ...
Enter your response options, one per field. Â The numbers below match the black circle numbers in the screenshot below.
- The Add button adds another field
- The Delete button removes that field
- The Move button can be clicked and dragged up or down to a new location
Returning to the Matrix Manager screen ...
Now add your questions by clicking the Add Questions (Rows) button. Below is the Add Matrix Questions screen.
Click your way back to the Post-Event Survey Wizard ...
- Click the Return button to go back to the Matrix Manager screen.
- Click the Return button again to go back to the Question Manager screen
- Click the Return button again to go back to the Post-Event Survey Wizard screen
- Click the Preview Survey button to test your survey
Add your comment