How do I set up Discount Codes?
In addition to Discount codes, there are 2 other types of discounts that can also be applied to your sales section:
- Group Discounts - can ONLY be used when Group Registration is in use. These are designed to allow group discounts, such as buy 5 tickets, get 1 free. Discounts can be contingent on session selections and ticket purchases - How do I set up Group Discounts?
- Automatic Discounts are automatically applied when any combination of session selections and/or sales items are purchased. They can be restricted to a date range, can be a fixed dollar or a percentage discount and can be constrained to either registrant types and/or method of payment - How do I set up Automatic Discounts?
What are Discount Codes?
Discount Codes (Promo Codes) - are applied by the registrant on the registration page prior to submitting their registration. You create and distribute these codes to special registrants who will receive special pricing - discount codes can be applied to the entire order, a group of items or only one item
Open the Sales Wizard.
The Add Discount Codes window opens ...
This example discount code, VIP, will receive 25% off any session purchases and $10 off any ticket purchase from the Conference Tickets group, only 3 registrants may use it and it may not be combined with other discount codes.
- Enter the Discount Code label - this is seen by registrants
- Enter the Discount Code - this is distributed to your special attendees and is visible to registrants
- Select whether or not this discount code can be combined with other discount codes
- Set the maximum number of registrants who can use this discount code (3 in this example)
- Select the scope of the session purchases (any session from any group)
- Set the amount of the discount: 25%
- Set the scope of the sales item purchase (sales items in the group: Conference Tickets
- Set the amount of the discount: $10
Of course, testing is the last step ...
NOTE: the arithmetic for the $-295.00 discount is correct. The class was already discounted to $0.00 because 3 workshops were purchased and the 100% Automatic Discount was applied to the Class item.
Add your comment