How do I insert a link to a file into a question, session, web page?
This procedure will work in any field that accepts HTML tags.
We will use an example: you want each registrant to open, read a waiver and acknowledge acceptance, or not.
The general form of the <a> tag ...
- The <a> tags must be 'opened'
- The URL is obtained from the File Cabinet after the Waiver.PDF file was uploaded
- The target= attribute makes sure the Waiver.PDF file opens in a new window or tab and NOT on top of your registration page
- The <a> tag must be 'closed' or it will not work properly
- The Link Text enclosed by the <a> </a> tag
The yellow-highlighted text will be the "hot link" on which the registrant clicks to open the Waiver.PDF file.
And what does this look like on the registration page?
The procedure is the same for every instance of a link
Make sure you have all of the 5 pieces of the link in the correct order and everything spelled just like the example above.
You can insert text links in any field that accepts HTML tags.
Add your comment