How do I allow duplicate email addresses?
rsvpBOOK has 2 versions of the Admin Dashboard. Which one do you have?
Turning on Allow duplicate email addresses by registrants is useful:
- when you have registrants who may not have email addresses (tell them to use or give them a bogus email address)
- when you have one person registering 2 or more attnedees and want to have 1 email address on file so that they receive all of the confirmations, announcements, etc
- when families register 2 or more family members and want to use the same email address
NOTE: if you allow registrants to use duplicate email addresses AND to edit their registration information, here are some rules regarding how rsvpBOOK processes each scenario:
- When a registrant returns to edit their registration form and they choose the I have already registered and want to edit my registration option on the Landing Page, they will be prompted for their password
- If they have forgotten their password and click the I have already registered, but don't remember my password option, they will be prompted for their email address and their password will be sent immediately
- If duplicate email addresses is ON, then the email message they receive will contain a list of ALL registrant names and their passwords for that email address