How to scan Event Attendees remotely
Admin sends 'Scan to Remote URL' to door attendants
Door attendant downloads and installs the Scan to Web app
Download the iPhone or Android Scan to Web app from this list: Recommended List of Scan apps
Door attendant sets up the Scan to Web app
- Receive the email message from the event Admin person - contains instructions
- Copy the URL in the message
- Paste it into the URL Home page field on the Settings screen of the phone app. You only need to do this step ONE TIME.
- Test it (see the next step in this article)
- Once working, scan each barcode as the attendee arrives
How to test the scan app after set up ...
- Locate any commercial product that has a UPC barcode on it
- Scan the barcode
- You should see an error message on the check-in screen: No registrant was found matching that ID
- If you see the error message, your scan app is working properly
- Close the app and reopen it - the URL should still be present
On Event day, do the following to scan a barcode to check-in attendees ...
Arrive at your event's entrance prior to its start time.
- Open your phone's Scan To Web app
- Tap any barcode icon to open the scanner screen
- Scan an attendee's barcode
- You should see a message that says <name> has been checked in for this event (you may also see error messages)
- Tap the barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all attendees have been checked-in
The followiing screen shot illustrates a successful attendee check-in. Tap either barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode.