What is the Secondary Email Address field used for?
There is a special field called a Secondary Email Address. Since not every event organizer needs this feature, by default, it is Not Visible and Not Required.
It can be used for the following purposes:
- Someone else registers for the registrant - typical scenario: an admin assistant registers 4 executives using their respective email addresses. The assistant would enter their email address into this field and therefore would receive a copy of every email address sent to the registrant. This includes confirmation email messages, reminders to attend, session notifications as well as any other messages the event organizer sends.
- Registrants need to have all of their email messages sent to, say, a home and a work email address.
Where is it located?
The Secondary Email Address is located on the Admin Dashboard's About You Editor screen.
- If you have buttons on your Admin Dashboard, it is the first button in column 2
- If you have menus on your Admin Dashboard, it is under the Setup Tools menu > Registrant Capture Fields
How do I use it?
- Toggle the visibility of the field to Visible
- Consider whether or not it needs to be a Required response
- Edit the label if necessary