How do I insert file links into confirmation email messages?
The File Cabinet Wizard stores files that you may need to make available to registrants after they register in their confirmation email message. Typical example uses would be:
- Driving Directions
- Waiver Forms
- Application Form
Where are these files stored in the File Cabinet?
All files that you upload into either of these 2 folders can be inserted as links into the corresponding email confirmation messages.
- Registrant Accepted Email Message - All files in this folder will be inserted into the confirmation email message for registrants who Accepted (clicked the Submit button on the registration page)
- Registrant Declined Email Message - All files in this folder will be inserted into the confirmation email message for registrants who Declined (clicked the Not Attending button on the registration page)
Uploading files into the File Cabinet is covered in this document: How do I upload files into the File Cabinet?
Does your Admin Dashboard have Menus or Buttons?
To which message do you want to add File Cabinet merge codes?
You can add merge codes to ALL email messaage templates:
- To a brand new message you are creating? Then click the Create New Message Template button on the Email Wizard screen.
- To an existing message that you are editing? Then click the View and Send Message Templates button on the Email Wizard screen.
- To an automatic rsvpBOOK system message? Then click the Edit Automatic Email Content button on the Email Wizard screen.
This procedure will work for all 3 message types ...
This example uses a Reminder to Attend message.
- Enter your introductory text for the files that are in the File Cabinet's Registrant Accepted Email Messages folder - then press the Enter key to insert a new line - this new line is where the clickable file list will be inserted
- In the Event Detail menu, click the File Cabinet - Attending Email List MERGE_CODE
- The MERGE_CODE is inserted - see the next step to view the resulting email message
IMPORTANT: If you're sending an email message to those registrant who DECLINED (status = Not Attending), then use the File Cabinet - Not Attending MERGE_CODE.