How to scan Session Attendees remotely
Complete these 3 steps prior to your session's start dates. These 3 links will send you further down this page.
Admin sends 'Scan to Remote URL' to door attendants
- Open the Session Attendance Mgr screen - Where is the Session Attendance Mgr tool?
- Select the session for which you want to scan arriving attendees
- Select Scan Remote in the dropdown menu for that session in the Action column
- Enter the greeter/door attendant's email address(es) in the field and click the Send button
Door attendant downloads and installs the Scan to Web app
Download the iPhone or Android Scan to Web app from this list: Recommended List of Scan apps
Door attendant sets up the Scan to Web app
- Receive the email message from the event Admin person - contains instructions
- Copy the URL in the message
- Paste it into the URL Home page field on the Settings screen of the phone app
- Test it (see the next step in this article)
- Once working, scan each barcode as the attendee comes through the session access door - the URL will stay in your phone until changed. You only need to do this step ONE TIME.
How to test the scan app after set up ...
- Locate any commercial product that has a UPC barcode on it
- Scan the barcode
- You should see an error message on the check-in screen: No registrant was found matching that ID
- If you see the error message, your scan app is working properly
- Close the app and reopen it - the URL should still be present
On Session day, do the following to check-in attendees by scanning a barcode ...
Arrive at the session entrance prior to its start time.
- Open your phone's Scan To Web app
- Tap any barcode icon to open the scanner screen
- Scan an attendee's barcode
- You should see a message that says <name> has been checked in for this event
- Tap the barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all attendees have been checked-in
The followiing screen shot illustrates a successful attendee check-in. Tap either barcode icon to scan the next person's barcode.