How do I require a File Upload (example: Resume)?
Requiring a registrant to upload a file is easy using the Questionnaire Wizard. A resume is just a file; its content happens to be Resume information. You can also set the file types that you will allow.
When you want to require your registrant to upload a file, use this procedure:
- Set up a question (example: Please upload your Resume:) - see this article: How do I add questions to my registration page?
- Set Require a Response to Yes
- Set the Response Format to File Upload
- Select the file types you will allow
Does your Admin Dashboard have Menus or Buttons?
The Questionnaire Wizard window opens
There are two places that you can use to add questions:
- In the Quick Nav panel on the left of the screen
- Click the Add Question button at the bottom of the screen
The Add Question screen opens ...
- Enter the question (Please upload your Resume) and scroll down to the Response Format section and choose File Upload
- Check off the file tyes you will allow - although you have many choices of file types to allow, avoid the use of .xls, xlsx, .doc, .docx (these types are famous for carrying malware that can do harm to your computer)
The Questionnaire Reports screen opens ...
Locate your "upload" question and click the View button.
All registrant records that contain a file upload will display
A link to the name of the file is in column 2, adjacent to the registrant who uploaded it. It will have the registrant's original filename.
Click the link to download the file. Each file will need to be downloaded individually. If you have many files to download, please contact support@rsvpBOOK.com and we can help with a tool to download all files in a zipped file(s).