How do I create a simple custom report?
The Report Wizard is used to create simple, filterable reports that can include any data that your website has captured.
Where do I access Custom Report tools?
See this article: Where do I access Report tools?
The Report Wizard screen opens ...
The Add/Edit Report screen opens (TOP HALF)
We're going to create a custom report and use a specific example.
- Give your report a Title from which you can determine the contents of the report (rather than a general name, such as "custom report" or "All Data")
- Select how you want the case of the fields to be displayed
- Select the About You fields that you want included - the numbers in the green column determine the order of the columns in the report (change the numbers to reorder the report columns to match a spreadsheet)
The Add/Edit Report screen opens (BOTTOM HALF)
The Report Wizard displays your new report along with Action buttons
Display the new report
This report contains ALL registrants, not just Advanced Level Dancers from Houston. Not quite what we need ... yet:
- There are 7 attendees from Houston - 5 blank responses
- There are 2 registrants who are NOT dancers - 2 No responses
- There are 3 registrants who purchased the Houston Advanced Level Ticket - 9 blank responses
The next step will filter out the registrants who DO NOT meet the criteria: a dancer from Houston who purchased an Advanced Level Ticket.
What can I do with this custom report?
- You can Edit it
- You can Add or Remove Filters
- You can Delete it
- You can Copy it and say, change the name and the ticket filter to Seattle and you have a new report for Seattle dancers
- You can Share it - email a link (with or without your comments) to a 3rd party (be mindful of privacy policies) - they can view the report without logging in to your Admin Dashboard
Adding a filter ...
Alternative Session display options
There are 4 options for displaying the sessions that you include in your report:
- Show all sessions in a single column
- Show selected sessions in custom columns
- Display each selected session in its own column
- Do not display any sessions